Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 24 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video game challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
So today, I’m going to talk the game with best graphics / art style… There are many game that made me fell in love with their design, this way I am going to give you the one per system 😀 There will be some that shines more than the others because of its art style, while others because of its graphics. Let’s start it shall we?
PS1 – Metal Gear Solid
I know, I know… I’ve been talking about Metal Gear Solid a lot in these past few days, but… Let’s face it, Metal Gear Solid just created a huge jump in graphics in the PS1 system… There are games for PS2 with worst graphics than MGS!!!! I remember playing Metal Gear Solid back in the day and be completely astonished how real the game looked (LOL)! Basically, Metal Gear Solid disrupted the video games industry with awesome graphics and really good cinematics.
PS2 – Okami
Now, if we think only about the graphics, Final Fantasy XII takes the crown! Its cinematics were just insane for the time it came out, but if we take into account art style, well in this case (at least for me) Okami takes the crown. I didn’t play the game (yet) lol, but all the visuals I’ve seen from the game seem completely out of the box and really appealing!
PSP – The 3rd Birthday
Another game I still have to play… 3rd birthday just seems a game for PS3, but a PS3 that you can bring with you wherever you go… And play it! The game just has top-notch graphics for that time! Can’t really tell you more than that I’m afraid, still need to play it to be able to understand if the game runs well or not (Although from the gameplays I’ve seen, the game seems to run pretty smooth!)
PS4 – Final Fantasy XV
It would be Final Fantasy XV or Persona 5 😀 but I got to the conclusion that Final Fantasy XV deserves it more… I mean, it’s almost the only thing it has to sell itself (Sorry, but Final Fantasy XV is just the game that disappointed me the most in all of my life)… Cut Scenes aside, those we already know that they are just… Well, next generation… The graphics in-game are just as brutal as the cut scenes. I can remember an event in the game where you are always changing between gameplay and cut scene and you almost don’t feel a difference. I can say that every snake I had to kill in the game was a challenge, just because I hate snakes and they were so freaking well done (they seemed real, not kidding) and it’s those kind of games that you just stop to see your surroundings, yeah it’s that pretty!
PC – Broken Age
It’s always hard to pick one for Pc. First, contrary to the Playstation ones, you are comparing games from 2-3 years ago to games that came out like 20 years ago… More than that, my pc is a little old, so I can’t play the next generation video games 😦 This way, I disregarded graphics completely and thought only on the art style. This way, from the ones I’ve PLAYED it has to be broken age. The game is just a point and click adventure (made me remember when I played broken sword back in the day), but the visuals and the concept is just awesome. The graphics are just really appealing and it’s one of those games that you feel pleasure when playing, just because the art is so pleasant and cute.
That’s all for todays folks! Which game do you think as having the best graphics / art style? Comment Down below!