Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 17 of my 30-ish Anime Challenge!!! First, let us see the list of the challenge (You can click any of the days before to go to the post of that day :P):
- Day1: Very first anime you watched
Day 2: Favorite anime you’ve watched so far
- Day 3: Favorite male anime character ever
- Day 4: Favorite female anime character ever
- Day 5: Anime you’re ashamed you enjoyed
- Day 6: Anime you want to see but haven’t yet
- Day 7: Your anime crush
- Day 8: Favorite anime couple
- Day 9: Best anime villain
- Day 10: Favorite fighter anime
- Day 11: Favorite mech anime
- Day 12: Saddest anime scene
- Day 13: Anime character you are most similar to
- Day 14: Anime that never gets old no matter how many times you’ve rewatched it
- Day 15: Favorite anime sidekick, pet or summoning from any anime
- Day 16: Anime with the best animation
- Day 17: Favorite supporting male anime character
- Day 18: Favorite supporting female anime character
- Day 19: Most epic scene ever
- Day 20: Anime character that gets on your nerves
- Day 21: Favorite goofy anime character
- Day 22: Favorite weapon, gear or armor used in any anime
- Day 23: Favorite attack someone used in an anime
- Day 24: Moment that shocked you the most in any anime
- Day 25: Saddest anime death
- Day 26: Best anime fight
- Day 27: Most badass scene from any anime character
- Day 28: Favorite quote from any anime character
- Day 29: An anime you wished was real
- Day 30: An anime you wish never ended and continued on
Hmm.. aren’t the sidekicks also a support character? I really don’t understand what a support character in anime to be honest, but I will go with everyone that is not the main character (?) So even if they are secondary and not “minor” characters I will see them as support. I’ll go with support characters that I think they deserved to have their own show as main characters.
Well, if there are many main characters to choose from, the support ones just makes that amount times 1000. It really is difficult to choose just only one, so as I did as other challenges. I’ll give you the one that came to my mind right away and then some honorable mentions:
Shikamaru from Naruto
I just love this character so much! For someone who reclaims himself as lazy and doesn’t want to bother about anything he goes beyond his own strength to help his friends. He’s a master mind, calm (or at least tries to seem that way) and really loyal to his friends. He is one of those characters that I would love to have as a friend (Although I wouldn’t play strategic games with him!). Even though he doesn’t really steal the spotlight the majority of the times, mainly because he doesn’t want to, I could really see a show with him as the main character. They did an arc focused on him in Naruto and i was one of the few fillers that I truly watched and enjoyed it.
Isaac Netero from Hunter x Hunter
Well… What is not to like about Isaac? The leader of the hunters association, one of the strongest out there, but then when you really have the possibility to see him, he is just one of the kindest persons in the show. I love how he is! He’s really intelligent, but more than that he’s human and accepts everyone. I would love to see a show featuring his life (well, they could pass all those years when the only thing he did was punching the air non stop for years).
Fraken Stein from Soul Eater
From what I said in the past about Rintarou you probably know that I like mad scientists, and well Fraken Stein just does the trick. He’s just completely mad and funny, but at the same time sane and wise! So yeah, he’s the full package. I also love the thingy he has to always adjusting his head’s screw! 😀 I would love to see a show featuring him as the main character, it could be about all the experiments he did to his own body for example.
George Miyagusuku from Blood+
“Father” of Saya, I love how wise and gentle he is. Not everybody brings someone as Saya to his own house and raises her as her own daughter. It is heartwarming to see how George cared about Saya and when it was time to let her go he did. He’s just a really fine man and a really good father. I hope I can be as a good father as him! I would love to see an anime like slice of life, just showing his daily life while raising Saya.
That’s all for today folks! What do you think of my pick? And who is your favorite support male character? Comment down below!
See Ya Tomorrow! 😀