Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 12 of my 30-ish Anime Challenge!!! First, let us see the list of the challenge (You can click any of the days before to go to the post of that day :P):
- Day1: Very first anime you watched
Day 2: Favorite anime you’ve watched so far
- Day 3: Favorite male anime character ever
- Day 4: Favorite female anime character ever
- Day 5: Anime you’re ashamed you enjoyed
- Day 6: Anime you want to see but haven’t yet
- Day 7: Your anime crush
- Day 8: Favorite anime couple
- Day 9: Best anime villain
- Day 10: Favorite fighter anime
- Day 11: Favorite mech anime
- Day 12: Saddest anime scene
- Day 13: Anime character you are most similar to
- Day 14: Anime that never gets old no matter how many times you’ve rewatched it
- Day 15: Favorite anime sidekick, pet or summoning from any anime
- Day 16: Anime with the best animation
- Day 17: Favorite supporting male anime character
- Day 18: Favorite supporting female anime character
- Day 19: Most epic scene ever
- Day 20: Anime character that gets on your nerves
- Day 21: Favorite goofy anime character
- Day 22: Favorite weapon, gear or armor used in any anime
- Day 23: Favorite attack someone used in an anime
- Day 24: Moment that shocked you the most in any anime
- Day 25: Saddest anime death
- Day 26: Best anime fight
- Day 27: Most badass scene from any anime character
- Day 28: Favorite quote from any anime character
- Day 29: An anime you wished was real
- Day 30: An anime you wish never ended and continued on
Let’s all come together and feel sad about our favourite animes! It’s 10 A.M. and what is the best way to start the day than remembering anime scenes I tried to block from my memory?
[THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS ONE FOR CODE GEASS, NANA, YOUR LIE IN APRIL AND ANGEL BEATS]
There are way too many anime scenes that made me cry (but just a little ok? >.<) so, as I did to the video game challenge I’ll go with the one that kicked me the most and then some honourable mentions 😛 I’ll provide you with the scenes don’t worry 😀
Code Geass Ending
I think this is without a doubt the saddest scene I ever saw in an anime. After so much struggle, so many strategies, so many deaths, Lelouch finally is the emperor of Japan, just so you can see him die. I understand the reason behind his strategy, to be able to win the war he had to become the villain, the person who everyone hates, so he basically killed himself to give a better leader and a better life to the population. It is just so sad! I know this was for the best, but couldn’t he fake his death and run to Hawai or something like that to receive the rest he deserves?
Nana breaking glass scene – Nana
Nana is a depressive anime, period! However, the breaking glass scene was the one that hit me the most. Why? Well, those glasses were bought when they started living together, it symbolizes the beginning of their friendship, breaking it means that nothing will be the way it was. This happens after Nana finds out Hachi has left the house to live with Takumi, someone she despises and abuses Hachi. It’s the end of their friendship as it used to be. I have so many fond memories of that apartment and this scene just shows you that it’s now done. You will never have the two Nanas living under the same roof again. It just broke my heart.
Kaori Letter – Your Lie in April
I mean… Do I need to explain myself with this one? Yeah, I though so 🙂
Kanade disappearing – Angel Beats
So we are the end of the Angel Beats season, everyone has moved forward and we only get Kanade and Otonashi remaining. Kanade asks him to tell her how he feels about her so she can move on. Otonashi hugs her and starts saying how much he loves her, at the same time Kanade starts disappearing while Otonashi is crying. For a show with only 12 episodes and so many characters they were able to make me fall in love with all of them, which is amazing due to the small time they had, seeing everyone parting their ways and with this last scene… Well it just broke me!
That’s it folks! What is you saddest anime scene? Comment down below! I’m going to watch some happy puppies videos now so I bring up my good mood again!