Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 11 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video game challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
So, today it’s about gameplay. I’m fortunate to say that I’ve bought a PS4 last year and along this year I played many games where the gameplay just hit the spot. I’ll go with 3 games this time around! Fun to say that all 3 are nominated for best game of the year.
1 – Final Fantasy XV
To be honest I have a lot of anger towards this game due to some of its flaws. Final Fantasy XV had everything to be in the number 1 of my top series, if it had a good main plot, which unfortunately it doesn’t. But, about the gameplay there is not a single bad word that I can speak of. Final Fantasy XV came out and said to the world, Final Fantasy is now an action RPG, and Square Enix did it flawlessly, gameplay wise. The character is really responsive to your commands and the animation is the smoothest you could ask for! It’s just a pleasure fighting in this game!
2 – Nier : Automata
I’m still in the beginning of this game, so I don’t have a complete opinion towards it, but again, as an action RPG, Square Enix just overcome themselves and made it even better than Final Fantasy XV. Here you have a lot of combos you can do, you can choose between close combat and shooting, being the transition the smoothest it could be. Even if the story turns out to be not very good, the gameplay compensates that! For now, it is one of the best games I played this year.
3 – Persona 5
I’ve already reviewed this game. You can read it here! Persona 5 is just one of those games that everything is done perfectly. There isn’t even a flaw that I can point. About the gameplay, the best example I can speak of is the part where you are entering palaces to steal their treasure. You are a thief and you need to act like it, so you will be hiding behind walls, jumping around to move in the ceiling beams (is that how you say it?) and it’s done perfectly. It’s really smooth and the game responds to your commands flawlessly. On contrary to Nier: Automata and Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5 is a turn based RPG, but Atlus gave you a lot to do in the battles and picking your choices is really easy and really smooth. Here you can also use your ranged weapon, you just need to click the button and the animation of changing weapons is instantly done. Changing personas, changing tactics, everything is done really easily and in the smoothest way!
Those are my picks for the best gameplay! Do you agree with my picks? Which game has the best gameplay for you? Comment down below! 😀
See Ya Tomorrow!