Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 4 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
Most underrated video game of all time… Well, that is hard! There are so many! God! When I started this I didn’t think it would it be so hard >< Well, what I am going to do is tell you one for each of the systems I played time enough to find this hidden gems. Moreover, when I say underrated is when they come out, they may have been found and got love later. Ah and this is my perception, so it could be wrong xD
Just a small disclaimer, I was writing a small review for each one, but the post was just getting too long and too confusing, this way I’m just going to tell you why I liked the game and what was the cause (in my opinion) for not receiving the love they deserved it. About the reviews, these were games I really enjoyed to play, so probably I will write a review in the future,
Playstiation 1 – Grandia
- Reason for not receiving the love: I think the problem with Grandia was that it came out when Final Fantasy was in its pick with Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, even though it is a pretty decent RPG.
- Why I love it: The story is really good. It starts as this light lovely thing where you are playing with a boy who went in and adventure to follow his father steps, but ends up in some serious situations and when you see it, he’s trying to save the world. Moreover, the characters are awesome and likeable, each one has their own complex personality and even though they are completely different they can work as a team. The ending is awesome and the OST is one of the best I have ever heard.
Playstation 2 – Tales of Abyss
- Reason for not receiving the love: I don’t really know why… PS2 didn’t have many open world rpgs, so you would think that this one would be one of the most known (?) Maybe the marketing team didn’t do they’re job properly….
- Why do love it: Do you know those kind of games that makes you feel you just entered an anime and you are commanding the main character? Yeah, it’s those kind of games. The characters are also really different from each other and you see a great evolution in the main character throughout the game. Also love the option to be able to play with your friends. It’s an action rpg and your friends can command one of the team players in the fights. Also other thing I love about it is all the dialogues from the characters you can hear when you are just doing your thing in the open world. Basically it’s those kind of dialogues you think the characters would have when on an adventure, but are not important for the main plot so they will not get screen time.
PSP – The Legend of Heroes : Trails in the Sky
- Reason for not receiving the love: Well with this one I think it’s just bad management, or not having bugted to make publicity.
- Why I love it: It’s my favorite game on the PSP. Everything is just so good. The story is complex and long. The characters are complex and completely different from one another. The NPC dialogues are just the best I ever seen, they change along the story (basically most of the times you talk to the same NPC in different parts of the story is going to be different) and are personal and unique, not the general conversation you normally get in a rpg. The music is also astonishing.
PC – Age of mythology – you can see my review here!
- Reason for not receiving the love: Lived in the shadow of Age of Empires.
- Why I love it: Pick Age of Empires gameplay and make it more diversified and with a better story and you get Age of Mythology. If you like Age of Empires you will love this game, in my opinion is far better!
That’s all folks! Which game do you think it’s more underrated? Comment down below!!! 😀